Monday, May 4, 2009

What Compelled Me to Write TWO LOVES, ONE HEART

I wrote this book, Two Loves, One Heart, partly because of much of the turmoil I had experienced in my life when I had been abused. Now, I am a SURVIVOR and want to reach out to other abuse victims. Ever since my college instructor told me that I expressed myself so beautifully in my writing, I thought, what better way to do what I love and send out a message to others than through my writing. With that being said, my first hope with writing this book is to share my experiences with others through my writing with expectations of maybe helping others who have gone through or are going through bad times or abuse.

My second hope with this book is to create a story of fiction using true-to-life characters that regular people might be able to relate to. Anyone who has ever felt the heartbreak and the trials that love can bring, especially those who have experienced abusive or controlling relationships, will relate to my main character Lynnette's journey to find true love within herself. Hopefully, my book will give readers hope that they can bring their lives around from the brink of devastation and despair if they have the desire to help themselves.

I wanted to communicate to abuse victims that they are worthy of being helped and loved. This help can come from family and friends or professionally if the need be. I am speaking from experience and I am a SURVIVOR. My strong faith in God and my family helped me to find my way back from that dark and lonely place. I am thankful and truly blessed. Experience has taught me that, “LOVE SHOULDN’T HURT”.

No comments:

Post a Comment